Rent a car on the Spanish islands
Do you want to rent a car to discover one or more of the Spanish islands? With a rental car you remain in control of your travel plans and have the freedom to plan your trip the way you want. Whether you prefer the city, nature areas, or the coast. Even if you have a late flight, you can still return your car outside the opening hours at the airport.
Curious about renting a car? With RNTaCar you can compare the world's largest providers at a glance. This way, there is always a car that suits your needs, within your budget. Even if your plans are uncertain, you book risk-free, as you can cancel or change your reservation up to 48 hours before departure.
The Canary Islands by rental car
Rent a car on the Canary Islands to make the most of all they have to offer. The seven islands are located in the Atlantic Ocean, west of Morocco, making them the southernmost point of Europe. The islands Gran Canaria, Tenerife, and Lanzarote attract the largest number of visitors, but Fuerteventura is also becoming increasingly popular. Hikers and nature lovers will feel most at home on El Hierro, La Gomera and La Palma.
Renting a car in the Canary Islands is highly recommended, as traveling by car you will have the most memorable vacation experience on the islands. There are several bus services, mainly in the larger cities, but if you want to travel between the smaller beach areas, this quickly becomes less flexible. For this reason, renting a car on the Canary Islands is generally recommended. In addition, there are several beautiful driving routes and a wide range of international car rental companies that are affiliated with RNTaCar. Via RNTaCar you can easily compare between all the rental companies, so you can always find a car that suits your needs and budget!
Our must-visit tips on the Canary Islands
- The city of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria offers an interesting history. The best way to learn about it is in the historical museum, La Vegueta.
- For nature lovers, the Parque Nacional del Teide on Tenerife is an absolute must. The park's highlight is the 3718 meter high volcano, the Pico del Teide.
- On the island of Fuerteventura, the most beautiful place to visit is Betancuria. This place was founded in 1404 (!) and offers an authentic atmosphere with only 730 inhabitants.
- The most visited place on the island of Lanzarote is the Timanfaya National Park. This park was created in the 18th century when the island was covered with lava by a volcanic eruption. Due to the volcanic eruption, the national park offers an impressive landscape.
- Most visitors on La Palma go hiking. You can take beautiful walks through the biosphere reserve of Los Tilos, the rainforest of La Palma.
- For true nature lovers, the Parque Nacional de Garajonay on La Gomera is a must-visit. This is Spain's only national park to be included in the UNESCO World Heritage List. No fewer than 450 different plant and tree species grow here!
- In the waters around El Hierro it is definitely worth diving. Especially in the water reserve at La Restigna.
The Balearic Islands by rental car
The Balearic Islands is a combination of the Spanish islands Mallorca, Menorca, Ibiza, and Formentera. These islands are located in the Mediterranean Sea between Europe and Africa. The islands are best explored by rental car. With a rental car you can be sure that you drive without worry and that all local taxes and fees are included. In addition, you have the freedom to discover the islands as you wish.
You can easily rent your car from all international airports on the islands. Some of the world's largest car rental companies that RNTaCar works with can be found on the islands. This way we make it easy for you to find the perfect car and book it directly. When picking up the rental car, remember to bring a valid driver's license and credit card in the name of the main driver. This is mandatory due to liability if a deductible must be paid. This provides security for both you and the company!
Our must-visit tips on the Balearic Islands
- A visit to Palma de Mallorca is an absolute must. The city has many historic buildings such as the beautiful church, Cathedral La Seu.
- On Ibiza, a popular attraction is the Necropolis Puig des Molens. This cemetery is one of the best preserved tombs in the world.
- On Menorca there is a great variety of culture and nature. One of the most beautiful natural areas on the island is the Barranco D'Algendar.
- Formentera is mainly visited by those seeking tranquility and daytrips. The landscape is beautiful, and you can enjoy some of the most beautiful beaches of the Mediterranean here.
- Compare and book with the world's largest providers at a glance
- Always cancel free of charge up to 48 hours before departure
- Reduce your deductible inexpensively via our No-Risk Warranty
- Renting a car on the Spanish islands includes all the necessary insurance
- Flexible in collection and return locations and one-way options
- Always a thoroughly cleaned rental car
- Highly experienced customer service and available 24/7 via our emergency number
Still have questions?
Our highly experienced customer service team is available 24/7. Also whist you’re on the road! Contact us for more information about the different landlords, locations, options, or a non-binding quote.